I released my project to a couple of friendly users. After giving it a try, one of the testers came back and told me the installer was leaving crufty directories lying around in the root directory.
I eventually tracked it down to this:
<array> <string>Exec</string> <string>/bin/mkdir -p "/var/root/Media/EBooks/Beyond World's End"</string> </array>
Now, if this was in a shell, or passed to the OS using "system" or a similar call, it would work. However, it seems that they are using direct calls to exec. I can't really tell, because AppTapp is oddly closed source.
The directories it was creating were:
Next up, I tried escaping the spaces, again with no luck. It looks like the code is splitting the parameters out through the use of spaces and ignores any attempt at grouping the packager might make.
Luckily CopyPath does the right thing, properly handling the spaces. It even creates parent directories, which is why I was using mkdir in the first place.
Now to figure out how to host it on Amazon S3. I really don't want a 2.5meg file being slurped across my cable modem every day!